The course offers a strong foundation in the design and operation of steam systems within an Oil and Gas Production Facility. Our training room in Montreal offers a firsthand view of a live steam system complete with glass piping and glass steam traps. Our course offers people in the industry an opportunity to converse with other industry experts and operators. In addition to our in house industry experts we have guest speakers each with a wealth of knowledge in the oil and gas industry. Previous topics by guest speakers have included: Sulfur Recovery Unit Heat Maintenance, Alternative Heat Exchanger Technology, OTSG Water Side Dynamics etc. Other topics covered will be fundamentals of steam, vacuum, water hammer, steam trap operation, high pressure trapping, SAGD trapping, trace design and proper piping practice for steam systems. During the presentations a steam lab built of completely transparent piping and steam trap will be used enabling you to visualise what actually occurs in your steam systems.
We will also discuss the cost of generating steam, preventive maintenance and energy audits, automated monitoring systems, basic heat transfer concepts and coil construction, coil failure and their prevention, trapping and venting temperature control on modulating steam coils.
The benefits of our seminar have been proven through clients who applied techniques they acquired from the course materials, saving them hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.Register now
|April 1-2, 2020
Download the Industrial Steam Systems Agenda
Who Should Attend?
- Consulting, Industrial Process and Project Engineers: If you specify product for new or replacement installations, this seminar is designed for you. Topics include an overview of available product features, how it works and typical applications, how to determine which product is right for your application and how to design it into your system.
- Plant and Maintenance Engineers: If you are involved in maintenance and operation. Topics include routine inspection and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair procedures.
- Contractors: If you sell and install products directly to end users. Topics include an overview of basic technical data and available product, installation techniques, how to quote, competitive technologies and sales/marketing techniques.
- Students: If you are planning a career in the steam specialties field or as a maintenance engineer, this course is highly recommended and will provide a solid foundation to compliment your college or university studies.
- See what’s new. Learn about products, how they work, how they make a difference.
- Benefit from hands-on experience. Nothing beats face-to-face interaction.
- New Product Technology Theatre:
- Transparent Glass
- Flow Loops
- Working Demos
- Learn and grow. We offer many seminars to help you develop your expertise
Price: $949.00 per person (+ taxes)
- Continental Breakfast and lunch for the two seminar days
- Supper in town on Day 1
- Complete catalogue with literature and technical information
- Supplies for seminar
- Air fare and travel
- Hotel & accommodation. We do however, recommend the following hotel:
Holiday Inn Pointe-Claire
6700, Pointe-Claire, Québec H9R 5L4
Reservations must be made through Preston Phipps.
Contact Merissa Baksh email@example.com
|11:00||Steam System Design
|9:00||Tracing Systems & Critical Temperature Maintains
Plate & Shell Heat Exchangers
|10:30||Heat Exchange and Condensate Management
|13:00||Effective Management in Utility Systems
|15:30||Final Review / Closing Remarks|
Preston Phipps is fully accredited by the Ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité du Governement du Québec. All pertinent tax credit documentation will be sent to you with your invoice.